I write and read for the pure enjoyment of Words. Thanks so much for considering me for an award, but I just feel awkward to nominate other people, who have most probably already been nominated before I even started blogging…
A Freshly Pressed would be nice, also the Andrew Murray Prize of South Africa, the Man Booker prize of the Commonwealth, the American Pulitzer prize, and the Nobel Prize for Literature…
All the others, just lets enjoy each others writing? Ok? Ok!
I have dediced to answer some questions though. It is just very difficult for me to nominate other bloggers for awards, seeing that most awards have been around for a long while now, and everybody was maybe nominated ten times already for each…
Liebster award – http://brandonsmommyforever.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/my-first-award-nomination/
1. Why did you start your blog?
I have this urgent need to communicate with people outside our small little town in rural South Africa. My blog and other people’s blogs makes the world so much bigger and more interesting for me.
2. Favorite childhood memory?
The first time I ever rode a motorbike- I was hooked immediately!
3. What is your favorite novel?
Nelson deMille– nearly anyone- let’s say Plum Island.
4. What was your favorite subject in school?
5. Do you have a celeb crush? If so who?
Charlize Theron. But not stalking like… she is just beautiful in my eyes.
6. What is your favorite time of year?
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Motorbike riding and blogging
8. What’s your favorite movie?
9. Chocolate or Vanilla?
10. What is your favorite color?
Liebster award– http://anintrovertmind.com/2013/10/08/i-got-another-award/
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
National Geographic in the mail since 1989
3. If you were an ice cream flavor which would you be?
4. You’ve just won a contest and can live anywhere in the world for 1 year. Where do you go?
New York City. Or Boulder, Colorado. Probably the last one first.
5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. You’re stuck on a deserted island with one other person. Who is it?
My wife, please!
7. What one thing do you wish you did more or had more time to do?
Photography and Bike Trips
8. What is your favorite memory?
9. If you could witness any moment in history what would it be?
The ressurection of Jesus
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Easter Sunday- the message of life, love and hope it brings.
HI, I nominated you for another award, but I understand completely if you don’t accept – check out the post here anyway!http://joanfrankham.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/word-press-family-award/
Hey, I remember you were the very first person to comment on my blog. Ever since then I have followed yours like a true fan! I love your blog, and all the stories you upload. To say thank you, I have nominated you for my sunshine award. Have a look! http://carabensonphotography.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/sunshine-award/ x
I nominated you for an award, you can see it right here http://dawnyhosking.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/i-bow-to-you/ 😉
Hi Dawn, thanks for the nomination! I am not good at nominating others, but here are my answers to your questions…
1) What makes you happiest? Family and friends, and time on my motorbikes
2) Do you love the Oceans or Mountains more? Oceans
3) What has been a special moment in 2013? Completing my 19th Argus Cycle race
4) What’s your favourite quote? Beam me up Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here…
5) Do you like yourself? Sometimes
6) Do you stay up till midnight on New Year? We usually have a new year’s service at church so yes…
7) Something you wish could be done ASAP? A new era of accountable government for South Africa
8) What was your favourite class when still at school? Geography.
9) What musical instrument have you tried to play? Guitar
10) Anything you had wished to have learned earlier? Investing in property….
11) Do you like to do Crafts, Drawing or Painting? No talent, only Photography and writing
Love your favourite quote 😉
You have been nominated for the new Imagine Award as it’s all about creativity and your blog have an abundance of that. Check it out here: http://dawnyhosking.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/imagine-that/
Congratulations, I’ve nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thank you so much for your support! I love following your blog, your posts are inspiring! Keep up the great work! Talk soon! From, Jessica.
Check out your nomination here: http://turquoisecompass.wordpress.com/2013/09/28/very-inspiring-blogger-award/ . I hope that you will accept the award and forward on the love! Happy travels!
Thanks for the like on the Bushbaby! Had a quick look on your blog and ‘liked’ the bushfire photos. Never thought of the beauty of fire; been some nasty ones Downunder pretty often… I’ll be checking in more often.
Thanks for your blog Rider. It’s varied and interesting, without being too overpowering or stuffed over the top.. just right.
You know my blog. It’s a different type of beastie altogether, more of a collection of short stories from life to read on the train, at the kitchen table over a Sunday morning coffee, or of a quiet evening at home. Therefore, and I can quite appreciate this, the following for my sort of blog is always going to be somewhat limited. Having seen what I do, can you help advise me how to start to increase readershio beyond my immediate friends/family and a handful of interested bloggers?
Thank you 🙂
Hi Uncle Spike- I am also not into the 1000’s of viewers… 🙂 The thing that works for me is to do some Daily Prompts, they get read a lot. Tagging is important, so that other bloggers can discover your posts on the Reader. And then follow the tags of things that interest you on the Reader- my favourite sites are Photography, Travel and the Camino- I read a lot there, and when I enjoy it I like, and sometimes leave a comment. Other bloggers then start seeing my blog and come and visit. That is the only way I know- be interested in other people’s blogs, and they will return the favor!
Good couple of tips there – thanks for that 🙂
Hey, I would like to award you with 2 awards. They were given to me and I was asked to pay it forward and I thought of you. Your blog always inspires me to challenge my brain when thinking of material to cover. Thank you xoxox I hope you find the time to accept them xoxo http://thefairytaletraveler.com/2013/08/04/sunday-sharpener-15-sites-to-visit-to-sharpen-your-edge-awards/
Hi Christa, Thanks for the honor!
Your welcome, thanks for having such an awesome blog x