Maybe this is not a good photo, I don’t know…
So let me just tell the story. I went to Léon in Spain to walk a part of the Camino de Santiago, the French Route, in 2011. I started with my first stamp in my pilgrim’s passport at the Léon Cathedral. And then, when I was was looking for my accommodation I just saw this man walking in an alley. For a few meters he and I were walking on the same road, in the same direction. He was a local, I a tourist from the other side of the globe.
It started me thinking about all the paths we walk in life (as the Camino tends to do…) I just wondered what this man’s life story has been so far. Where did he come from? What did he do with his life? Where was he going when our paths crossed in an ancient alley in Spain. Also the other people in the photo- who are the man with the pink T Shirt waiting for? The elderly couple walking in the distance- are they still in love? Do they still dream about each other?
Maybe a lot of these questions were triggered by last night’s Church Board meeting. Maybe I am also at a place in my life journey where I am wondering: Where to now? Am I really living my life to the best of my ability? Do I really make a difference where I am now?
Do I just do the Johnny Walker? Time will tell.
- The devil and the Pilgrim… Statues- (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- Sometimes- No Way… Cee’s Which Way Challenge (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- Good Morning, Camino de Santiago! (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- A Morning Hike – West Fork Trail In Oak Creek Canyon (bobbiesurber.wordpress.com)
- Walking in History ~ Camino de Santiago (justabackpackandarollie.com)
- The Way (kristyh5.wordpress.com)
- The Nameless – But Brilliant – Master Sculptor of Leon (bobbiesurber.wordpress.com)