What would it take for you to consider yourself a “successful blogger”? Is that something you strive for?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us EFFORT.
Funny how this Daily Prompt popped up. Because I was thinking about the same question and wanted to blog about it yesterday… But by then I had already blogged much too much…
Why did I wonder about this question?
Let me show you a screenprint of two days ago:
I wanted a screenprint, because there on the left of the bar chart, to disappear the next day, was this blog’s “Best ever views” of 386 in one day. Wow, that day it felt good! And since that day the average views per day dropped off to about 150 a day…
That started me thinking, something I can do way too much of as somebody with a melancholic temperament, an INTJ on the Myers Briggs Scale, a SC on the DISC profile…
Am I boring people with my blog?
And then I started thinking further- I am asking the wrong question. Am I enjoying my blog? Does this blog serve the purpose for which I started it? Is it worth the time I invested in it?
And then I started getting answers I am comfortable with. When will this blog be a success in my eyes? My answer? When it makes me happy doing it. When I am happy about what I write. When I get good feedback on how to be a better photographer. And the amount of views is not the right tool to measure my happiness…
I started this blog to express myself. Sometimes I need to get something of my chest. Sometimes I need to put some emotion or experience into words. And sometimes I just need to write about something because it touched me, or I just want to remember a thought. In that sense it could as well be a private blog.
BUT- as all you dedicated bloggers know, there is also the interaction with other bloggers to consider. By being just myself, I have made some of my best friends in life through blogging. And some of them I have even met in real life, and they are amazing people! It is so good when one of your friends see what you have written, and leave a comment that just make it worthwhile.
The numbers just don’t tell the whole story of blogging.
On the other hand… it is such a good feeling if you have this amazing experience, you post it on your blog, and suddenly a few hundred people read it and say they love it… I will probably never get to the millions of readers and 24 million views like the amazing blog of Lesley Carter. But I enjoy it if I read the Daily Prompt, and see Anglo Swiss, and bikerchick57, and one of the Natasha’s and AJ Vosse and Sonel and Hope the Happy Hugger have liked it… then it is completely worth the effort!
So thank you all on the Daily Prompt, all about 60-100 who post there daily- although I do not always comment, or like, or even agree, it is getting to be like all the regulars at the Cheers bar- we are a community of sorts. With a lot of weird characters inside. Including me…
Thanks for the 150 who read, and the 22 who like, and the 10 who comment, you really add value to my life!
And now you can scroll through what my fellow Daily Posters have said so far:
- Daily Prompt: The Effort behind sucessful blogging | tokʞaali’s blog/site/ɹǝʌǝʇɐɥʍ
- Daily Prompt: Effort | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Success Enough | Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | likereadingontrains
- Diary of a Mud Run | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Effort | The Magic Black Book
- How do you spend your Sundays? | We Live In A Flat
- Success! Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Effortless Blogging? | The Ambitious Drifter
- Comparison Is The Thief Of Joy | ourmulticolouredlife
- The Secret of a Soldier | Beyondpen
- The Lurker’s List | What It Takes to Become a Successful Blogger
- A Successful Blogger? What the what? | Emotional Resonance and Rocket Launchers
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | My Atheist Blog
- It’s good enough for me… | thoughtsofrkh
- There’s No Shortcut To Success! | Creative Mysteries
- Aiming for Zenith! On My Way to Success | Things To Rave About
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Under the Monkey Tree
- “Secret of Success” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success « Vicariously Poetic
- Preparing for Winter | Andante Cantabile
- Do “Likes” And “Follows” Define Success? | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Beats of Pieces
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Motherhood and Beyond
- Daily Post Challenge ~ Effort | soletusknow
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success « Mama Bear Musings
- Am I a Successful Blogger? | My Spirit Journey
- Success! | meanderedwanderings
- Secret of Success-Effort | Flowers and Breezes